With the recent changes in the economy, many people are looking for ways to make ends meet as a second job. One such way is to work as a pizza delivery driver.
Is pizza delivery a good job?
Yes! The reasons why pizza delivery drivers are good earners.
- My Word On Pizza Delivery
- What Are The Pizza Delivery Job Requirements?
- Is Being A Pizza Delivery Driver Dangerous?
- Who Is A Good Pizza Delivery Driver?
- Who Is A Bad Pizza Delivery Driver?
- How Much Do Pizza Delivery Drivers Make?
- How Do Pizza Delivery Drivers Know Where To Go?
- Do Pizza Delivery Drivers Use Their Own Car?
- Pizza delivery drivers often receive tips and in many US states, tips are a legal requirement for certain types of service. Although it is not guaranteed that you will receive gratuity, it is a possibility and the average tip for this occupation sits around 12%.
- A pizza delivery driver can work as many or as few hours as they choose to. Many states have laws that limit the amount of hours they can work. Thus, you can work whenever you want to and enjoy a flexible schedule.
- You will be delivering pizza on your own time and choosing when to deliver the order and where to deliver it. This opens up your schedule for other extra job opportunities or life events that could greatly enhance your income.
- You will be able to work as many jobs as you choose, including other delivery jobs, which free up more time for yourself.
- It’s a great way to make a little extra spending money for college students and those who are seeking another job opportunity.
The down side of working as a pizza delivery person:
- You may encounter the dine-and-dasher who does not pay for their meal, which can be discouraging. To prevent this from happening you should always ask for their name and number when delivering the pizza so that you can report them to the police or management if they don’t pay.
- There is sometimes a possibility that the customers may be difficult sometimes, causing you to become frustrated and this will affect your performance.
- The hours can be long. This can cause problems with family and relationships, which could lead to unnecessary stress.
My Word On Pizza Delivery
Below are reasons why I would highly recommend this career:
- It helps you develop skill in multitasking, effective communication skills and a work ethic based on integrity and respect. These qualities will eventually serve you well when finding other jobs in the future.
- It is easy to learn.
- It is fun, a hobby and can become a second source of income.
- You will meet new people and make new friends.
- You don’t have to have prior experience working as a pizza delivery driver…you just have to be willing to work hard (see the testimonials below).
What Are The Pizza Delivery Job Requirements?
The requirements for this job include: A valid Driver’s License and you must be over 18 years old. You do not need any experience with this type of work, and assistance can be provided by the company if needed (which is common). Also, they offer free training which usually takes less than a day to complete.
Is Being A Pizza Delivery Driver Dangerous?
There are many dangers associated with this career. First, bad drivers can cause serious problems for a pizza delivery driver. These problems include but are not limited to: speeding, running stop signs, cutting people off, etc.
Second, in certain states there is a “slammer” law which allows you to get into an accident if you have been driving for long hours and need to rest. The problem is that statistics show that 80% of drivers slam into the back of another vehicle while asleep at the wheel. Thus, a pizza delivery driver can easily become a victim of this law.
Finally, just as with any job, there is also the possibility of being robbed or murdered by criminals.
Who Is A Good Pizza Delivery Driver?
The characteristics that make a good person for this career are: enthusiasm, calmness and empathy. They must be able to handle pressure and keep cool under stressful situations. They must be able to multitask and be organized at all times. They must also be friendly and enjoy being around people.
Who Is A Bad Pizza Delivery Driver?
The characteristics that make a bad person for this career are: impatience, inefficiency, inability to handle pressure and irresponsibility. They should never be rude to their customers or take advantage of them because of their profession. They should never smoke or drink while working and they should always arrive at the customer’s home ready to work.
As you can see, there is no such thing as an “easy” job.
How Much Do Pizza Delivery Drivers Make?
The average starting salary for a pizza delivery driver is $8.00-10.00 USD per hour depending on the company and where you live. However, with tips that can add up to $10-$15 USD per hour. The more money you make depends on how many hours you are willing to work, where they live and how much they choose to tip you (or in some cases if they tip at all). Once you get better at driving, patience and the ability to multitask, your income will greatly increase.
How Do Pizza Delivery Drivers Know Where To Go?
This is the main question that people ask at the beginning. Nowadays, there are many ways to find out where to go. Some include:
- Online search through Google Maps, Yahoo and m.yahoo.com shortcuts or other search engines.
- Walk around your neighborhood and look at the stores with delivery services and try to identify where they are located (skyscrapers, gas stations, hotels, convenience stores, etc. ).
- By using a GPS device.
Do Pizza Delivery Drivers Use Their Own Car?
Some delivery people use their own vehicles for deliveries. This one can be risky because it involves a lot of responsibility. Also, it is not always safe to drive at night, especially when you are delivering pizza or other food items, because some drivers may not be aware of local laws in their area.
Some drivers use the company’s van and then after the delivery they return to their own car.
These are just a few of the benefits that come with choosing this type of career. Most people haven’t even heard about it and it has great potential, so if you’re bored with your job or need an extra source of income, this is the best option for you. But always remember that no matter who you are or what others tell you, there is no “best” job for everybody. A good job is one that fits your personality, interests and will pay well in relation to the hours spent on it.