When moving an outdoor pizza oven, it is important to follow the proper procedure. You should never try to move a pizza oven yourself because it can lead to serious personal injury, damage the appliance, or leave you without a means of cooking pizzas afterward. That’s why you need to hire professionals who have experience in moving and storing outdoor pizza ovens.
Also check out – How to heat a pizza oven.
How To Lift An Outdoor Pizza Oven
Here are six simple rules that should help you avoid any complications and successfully move your outdoor wood burning pizza oven:
- Do not move your outdoor oven all at once.
- Always have a large enough space to accommodate the oven.
- Use a dolly with wheels when moving your outdoor pizza oven. Also make sure that the oven does not hit any walls or other objects when being moved.
- Get a second person to help you balance the weight of the oven and keep it off of the floor so it doesn’t tip over or tip down.
- If the oven has wheels, make sure that they are not locked and can turn freely.
- Never lift a hot pizza oven! Make sure it is cool before attempting to move it.
If all else fails, hire a professional mover and have it done for you!