We cook every day. Cooking is beneficial during a busy work week. When you’re not at home for dinner, you’re eating out or ordering take-out food. But cooking at home is more cost-effective and allows you to experiment in the kitchen. I’ll show you how you can create various delicious meat dishes with the Ooni.
Can You Cook Meat in an Ooni Pizza Oven?
Yes, you can cook meat in an Ooni. It is conveniently accessible, the flavor is intense, and the meat stays tender and juicy.
Let’s look at some meats and how to cook them in your Ooni.
Which Ooni pizza oven is best? Look here.
Can You Cook Steaks in an Ooni Pizza Oven?
Yes, you can! Steak recipes are pretty simple, and the Ooni holds up well during the cooking process. My favorite steak cooked in an Ooni is a ribeye.
How Do You Make Steak In An Ooni?
The process is not much different from how you would cook a steak any other way. If you are looking for a fantastic medium-rare steak, this is the best process:
- First, you need to season the steak with salt, pepper, and favorite spices.
- Preheat your Ooni to 600 degrees F.
- Place the steak in a shallow cast-iron pan with butter and oil. If you are looking for a recommendation on which pan to use, I recommend this Ooni grizzler pan on Amazon.
- Place the pan in the oven.
- Keep an eye on it, but at around the 5-6 minute point, pull out the steak and give it a flip and rotate the steaks from the back to the front.
- Pull it, rest it, and enjoy it at your desired temperature!
How Long Does It Take to Cook a Steak in Ooni?
The length of time it takes to cook a steak depends on the thickness of the steak. If you have it thick, it will take more time. 6-8 minutes per side. Thinner steaks will take a little less time.
In any case, the cooking time will vary depending on thickness. The thicker the steak, the more extended the cooking temperature you use on the Ooni, and the more time it will take to cook. You will need to check it frequently with Ooni to keep the heat.
Ooni Chicken Breast
Can You Cook Chicken in an Ooni Pizza Oven?
Yes, you can cook chicken in an Ooni. This includes wings, breasts, and whole chickens.
How To Make Chicken In An Ooni
You’ll follow the same process as you would any meat to make chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Any type of chicken is acceptable, but if you are cooking a whole chicken, you will have to spatchcock the chicken, so it fits in the oven.
- Put it in a cast iron pan or a cast iron dutch oven.
- Preheat your Ooni to around 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken in the oven.
- Periodically check the temperature and pull out when it reaches 165 degrees F.
How Long Does It Take To Cook A Chicken In An Ooni?
The length of time it takes to cook depends on the chicken you cook. It will take less time than a whole chicken if you are cooking wings. If you want your chicken to be delicious, make sure it is thoroughly cooked, then take it out at about 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ooni Spatchcock Chicken
Cooking a spatchcock chicken in an Ooni pizza oven is basically the same as cooking a roast chicken in a regular oven. Spatchcocking it though will help it fit into the small oven door that a pizza oven has.
Can I Cook Fish in an Ooni Pizza Oven?
Yes, you can cook fish in an Ooni. Salmon, trout, halibut, grouper, etc. You can cook it in your Ooni oven.
How To Cook Fish In An Ooni
- Preheat your Ooni to 660 degrees F.
- Add some olive oil to your pan and place the fish skin down.
- Place the pan in your oven.
- Cook for around 5-10 minutes. You will start to see slight charing, which you are looking for.
- Once the fish is cooked, take it out and enjoy!
What Else Can You Cook In An Ooni Pizza Oven
Anything cooked in a regular oven can be cooked in an Ooni – as long as it fits in the range. This includes:
- Bread and rolls.
- Cinnamon buns.
- Pies and cobblers.
As you can see, cooking meat in your Ooni pizza oven brings new versatility to your cooking and an alternative use for your pizza oven. I’d recommend experimenting to see what you can cook in your Ooni!