So you have a Koda pizza oven but not sure what to do with it when not cooking?
Well, you’re in luck because we’ve put together some handy storage tips to help keep your beloved oven safe and sound. Check them out!
Where Should I Store My Ooni Koda?
I like to just store my Koda in a deck box on my deck. I have a carry cover that I put it in after cooking and cooling and then just store it in a deck box to protect it from the elements.
Pizza Oven Storage In The Winter Time?
I store my Koda by wrapping the inside with a thin blanket or something similar and then put on my carry cover and store it in a warmer part of the house. We have an extra bedroom that stays warm so I just set mine up in there. During the winter months you don’t want your Ooni Koda to get too cold.
How To Store An Ooni Pizza Oven
Some More Storage Tips
- Keep it clean. Take time to clean your Ooni Koda pizza oven after every use with a damp cloth or sponge. Dirt builds up over time which can lead to cracks in the oven or rusting on the metal components so it’s important that they are cleaned frequently.
- Don’t keep it on the floor. This can lead to some ugly rust marks and if you have little ones around then it can lead to some accidents, so make sure to store your oven safely somewhere in the house where children or pets aren’t allowed.
- If you’re storing the pizza oven outside, then make sure it’s in a well-ventilated area. It’s best to put it up on blocks to allow air to flow underneath the oven so that it doesn’t get rusted from moisture from the ground.
- No dumping! It’s not your mother’s rubbish bin so try not to just chuck everything inside of it.
- Don’t store anything combustible in or on top of your Ooni Koda pizza oven.
- Make sure the Ooni Koda pizza oven is cool before you store it. The best time to put it away is after you’ve cooked on it and it has had time to cool down.
- Never put a heavy object on top of the pizza oven while it’s in storage. This can cause some damage to the top rack as well as your own base. If this needs to be done then you need to reinforce the base first so that there is no risk of warping or cracking.