You’ll need a pizza stone to make pizza on. But what happens when it gets too dirty? It can be hard to clean all the gunk off. This blog post will tell you how best to do so.
Ooni Pizza Stone Cleaning
Sometimes, while you are cooking your pizza, cheese and other things can get burnt on to the stone and cause staining. Luckily, it is not too hard to clean.
First, watch this video:
- Remove the pizza stone from the oven after it has cooled down.
- Take a cloth and brush off any of the larger bits.
- Place the stone back inside the oven.
- Turn on the oven to max and let it run for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow it to cool.
- Remove the pizza stone, turn it over and place it back in the oven.
- turn on the oven to max again and leave for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- you should now have a clean stone on both sides!
Can You Wash Or Rinse A Pizza Stone With Water?
Some people wonder if they can wash a pizza stone in water. I’ve heard of some people doing this and other methods such as microwaving the stone to clean it. I would discourage anyone from doing that. The stone essentially is made to withstand high temperatures, so in order to get it properly clean, you should follow the steps listed above. In my opinion, there’s no need to wash it with water or any other liquids.
However, if you do need to use water, the most important thing is to not submerge it in water. Wiping with a damp cloth is okay though.
Also read – best torch for Ooni.
These are very simple steps to make sure that your ooni pizza stone is clean and won’t get rusty. Putting the stone in the oven for 20 minutes at full heat will help rid it of any stains and dirt.