Many people have been going crazy for this new type of fully assembled wood burning pizza oven. It promises a fun, delicious, and hassle-free way to make the perfect pizza in a hot, smoky environment that produces an incredible crust.
In this article, we’ll give you all the information you need on how to use Ooni’s pizza oven correctly.
Ooni Pizza Oven Instructions For First Time Users
The first time you use the Ooni Pizza Oven, you’ll want to let the oven preheat for 15 minutes before starting. This will warm up the pizza stone and give you enough heat to get a really good fire going. Once it reaches 650 degrees, let it sit for about five minutes to make sure it’s fully heated up.
Once the oven is fully heated, you can add your pizza. It’s important to let the pizza rest in the oven for two to three minutes before you remove it.
Check out this video on how to use it as well:
How To Safely Use Ooni Pizza Oven
It’s important to know how to use your Ooni Pizza Oven safely. Once you’ve learned how, you can use it any time, anywhere without any worries. Here’s everything you need to know:
- Clean the Ooni pizza stone before your first use – It’s easier if your stone is mostly clean when you start. If you have any food or crumbs on the stone, use a wet cloth to clean it off.
- It’s easier if your stone is mostly clean when you start. If you have any food or crumbs on the stone, use a wet cloth to clean it off.
- Use all natural fuel – Wood will ignite easier and burn longer. The fire should be allowed to naturally burn down to coals that are all scorched through.
- Wood will ignite easier and burn longer. The fire should be allowed to naturally burn down to coals that are all scorched through.
- Use long handled tools – Make sure you use long handled tools when you’re cleaning the firebox. Once the fire is hot, the metal in the firebox will be extremely hot.
How Do I Start My Ooni Pizza Oven With Gas?
You’re not limited to using wood in your Ooni pizza oven. You can also use gas, and it’s actually easier to start with gas than it is with wood. The process is mostly the same as starting the oven on wood.
Turn on the gas and turn the knob to the ignite position. This will cause the flame on the oven to light.
Wait for the gas to get going and make sure that the flame is coming out of the burners. Then you just need to wait for the oven to preheat.
Some More Ooni Pizza Oven Cooking Tips
- Put your pizza on the pizza stone and let it sit for two to three minutes. – Once the pizza is in there, you can’t move it around or get anything on it or else the entire thing will fall off of the pizza peel.
- Once the first side has baked, lift up the pizza with your peel, rotate it a quarter turn and replace it back into the oven. – Let this side cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or less.
- Make sure to constantly keep an eye on your pizza while cooking – they cook fast!
- Take the pizza out of the oven and let it stand for a few minutes. – Remove your pizza from the peel carefully to prevent it from falling apart. Then slice and serve!
- Most important of all, have fun! – You can use your Ooni Pizza Oven any time you’d like, whether you’re at a party or a family gathering. Just keep in mind that it will be hot inside so be prepared for any heat burns or sizzle that may occur.
How Long Does It Take To Cook A Pizza In An OONI Oven?
It takes about a couple minutes to cook a pizza in your Ooni Pizza Oven for a fully-baked pie. The first time you use your oven, fire it up for at least 20 minutes before putting your pizza in the oven. This will allow time for the wood or gas to get hot enough to glow before you put the pizza in.
How Do You Make The Bottom Of Pizza Crispy In Ooni?
The bottom of the pizza is crunchy, crispy and delicious when you cook it in the Ooni. You want to cook at a high temperature, around 650 degrees. The secret is to let the oven preheat for 20 minutes before cooking. This allows the pizza stone to get up to the right temperature for the best results.
Other Cooking With Ooni
Do you want to try to cook other foods in your Ooni? You can, but it may take some time to learn how to adjust the temperature and the cooking time. Here is a list of foods you can try cooking in your Ooni:
Enjoy these delicious meals on your Ooni pizza oven! Just remember to let it heat up for at least 20 minutes before putting anything new in there. That way, you’ll be able to cook at a high enough temperature for your food to reach its maximum potential.
Related reading – Ooni pizza oven temperature
In conclusion, that’s how to use an Ooni Pizza Oven. It really is a pretty straightforward process and once you’ve used it a few times, it will be as easy as anything else. It’s definitely one of the easiest ways to make pizzas without having any experience or prior knowledge about cooking.