Are you on a diet but craving pizza? I know the feeling!
Will pizza ruin my diet?
No, as long as you don’t eat too much. One slice of cheese pizza has around 240 calories and 13 grams of fat, but the good news is that you don’t need to worry about eating too many slices because 240 calories and 13 grams of fat won’t wreck your diet.
How Many Slices Of Pizza Should I Eat On A Diet?
Well, it depends on your diet. If you are on a low-carb diet, then you should eat only one slice of cheese pizza (square or triangle) because you are aiming for around 20 grams of carbs per day. If you are on a low-fat diet, then one slice of cheese pizza won’t make a difference to your fat intake as long as nothing else in your meal is fatty.
On the other hand, on a low-calorie diet, you should use common sense and avoid eating too much of anything. You don’t want to eat too many calories. If you are keeping your carbs under 20 grams per day, then one slice of cheese pizza is fine; if not, then it depends on what else you are eating.
The Rules Of Diet
- Don’t eat too much of any one thing. If you eat too many calories from pizza, then you will take in more calories than you should if you cut them out completely, and that will lead to weight gain that can be disastrous for your diet and health.
- Make healthy food choices if possible (especially when on a diet).
- Don’t eat all of your calories at once. Instead, spread them out over the course of the day.
- Not all calories are alike. Some are more harmful than others, and some can be good for you (like protein).
- Go lightly on certain processed foods so you don’t pile on more calories quickly. For example, avoid added sugars and artificial sweeteners or products that have a lot of them in them – so it’s good to read nutrition labels carefully.
- Keep a food diary. It will help you keep track of what you eat, which can be a good way to limit your calories and help stick to a diet.
Can Pizza Fit Into A Healthy Diet?
If you are on a low-carb diet, then you should avoid eating pizza because it’s very high in carbs. For example, if you eat just one slice of cheese pizza, your carb intake for the day will be around 20 grams. On the other hand, if you are making healthy choices about what to eat (such as focusing on whole grains), then pizza can fit into a healthy diet; this includes eating options like whole grain pizzas or even gluten-free ones.
The key is to not eat too many slices of pizza on a carb-heavy diet. If you do, then you will take in more carbs than your body needs and will start to feel sluggish and hungry soon after eating pizza. For this reason, it’s a good idea to make a meal plan and stick to it rather than deviate from it whenever you feel like having pizza (eat only one slice at first).
Keep in mind that calories from fat can be bad for you, especially if you’re on a low-fat diet. For example, if you eat a slice of deep-dish pizza (which is very fatty), then it could increase your fat intake for the day by as much as 20 percent – not good!
You also want to keep an eye on the ingredients and don’t assume that pizza is healthy just because it’s made with whole grains or contains vegetables.
What Is A Healthy Way To Eat Pizza?
- Always watch your portions – eating too big of a slice will keep you from reaching your calorie goals for the day. Eat only one slice at first if you are planning to make a meal out of it.
- Limit the amount of toppings. Sweat with vegetables and low-fat cheese sauce with a few meat toppings instead of having a completely loaded pizza.
- Make a healthy pizza pie, not a pizza buffet – for example, make a quiche instead of making a full pizza with all kinds of toppings.
- Eat pizza in moderation. If you eat it every day, then it will not be possible for you to lose weight with this diet.
- Do not eat pizza on most days of the week. No matter what, pizza is high in carbohydrates and fats, which is why it should be eaten only once per week or on special occasions when you are on vacation or when you are not able to follow your diet for some reason.
- Make sure the cheese is low-fat and the sauce has vegetables added in it.
I Ate A Whole Pizza, Will I Gain Weight?
Yes, you will. If you eat too many calories in one sitting, then you’ll experience the “rebound effect.” Your body will react to all of that food by storing excess calories as fat. It’s true that you might lose weight in the short term by eating too much, but if you keep doing this, then your metabolism will slow down and you’ll probably see a bigger number on the scale.
Benefits Of Eating Pizza
Of course, there are benefits to eating pizza on a diet:
- Some people love the taste and crave for it even when they don’t eat many carbs or calories. If you love pizza, then eating it may help you stick to your diet.
- Pizza is a good way to reward yourself after a week of eating healthy and sticking to a diet. It’s okay to splurge once in awhile – it will help you stick to your diet for the rest of the time if you give yourself a break from time to time.
- The more you eat pizza, the more craving it will leave you with – which means your appetite for other things will be curbed and keep from overeating.
- Eating pizza also helps you stick to a diet because it can be a staple in your diet. If you have a small pizza every day, then it will be a lot easier to stick to your diet even if you have other options around you, such as sweets and treats.
Disadvantages Of Eating Pizza
Of course, there are disadvantages to eating pizza on a diet. Some of these include:
- Eating pizza is fattening, and it makes you feel stuffed after you eat it. It also makes you feel satisfied and full and will keep the cravings away. If you eat too many slices of pizza, then after a while, you won’t be able to stop eating it. You might even go back for more before the meal is over – and that’s not good for your stomach or your diet.
- Eating too many calories at once can throw off your metabolism. Eating too much at one time can make your body store more fat on the scale.
- A diet on pizza will most likely be a fairly boring diet, which is bad for weight loss. If you are counting calories, then you are inclined to avoid foods that are not healthy. So you’ll be trying to avoid pizza that is loaded with vegetables and tomato sauce because it’s healthier than pizza that is loaded with greasy cheese sauce and pepperoni slices.
- Processed pizza can be loaded with additives and preservatives, making it not as healthy or natural as you might think. Pizza tends to be overrated when it comes to its nutritional content, which means you might be missing out on other nutrients that are more important.
- Toppings on pizza usually aren’t healthy – for example, pepperoni is smothered in fat and sausage topping also has a lot of fat. When you eat a slice of pizza, you are mostly getting carbs and a lot of fat. If your diet includes too many fatty foods, then you will most likely gain weight.
- Eating processed pizza will fill you up quickly with calories that could be better used for other purposes. You might eat too much since it is easy to overeat if the food is easy to eat and tastes good.
How Often Should You Eat Pizza?
If a diet includes a lot of pizza, then you should try to keep it to once per week or when you go on vacation. Eating pizza every day is hard to do and when it’s that much of a staple, then it just becomes habit and you’ll feel like you want pizza every day.
Is It Okay To Eat Pizza Once A Month?
Yes. If you are on a low-carb diet, then eating pizza once a month could be okay for your diet. You should eat this amount of pizza because carbs should still be limited to around 100 grams per day. If you are not on a low-carb diet, then eating pizza once a month should not be an issue since it doesn’t have much effect on your overall carb intake.
Also look – Is week old pizza still good? – What is the sugar in pizza dough for?
Is Pizza Everyday Bad?
Eating pizza everyday is not a good idea. You will most likely gain weight and it’s not very healthy since all you are eating is carbs and fats. It’s also hard to stick to the diet if pizza is the only option around you.
Is 4 Slices Of Pizza Too Much?
4 slices of pizza does not sound like a lot. But if you eat it all in one sitting, then this will most likely be too much.
When you eat 4 slices of pizza, then this could be too much for your diet. You might think that you are just having a slice here and there, but if your diet is heavy on processed foods, then you might be eating it twice per day.
The information you read in the article is true for most dieters, but it’s different when you are trying to lose weight. There are many people who can’t stick to a diet because it will feel hard if they choose to eat foods that aren’t natural or healthy. Eating pizza on a diet is good if your diet isn’t too heavy on processed foods, but you also need to follow your diet plan consistently.
Read more about Eating Pizza on a Diet.