Making pizza is an art form. There are so many different ways to make it, and everyone seems to have their own opinion on what the perfect pizza should be like. Some people prefer a thin crust, while others love a thick and chewy crust. And then there are those who swear by the Neapolitan style of pizza. This type of pizza has a very thin crust and is cooked in a wood-fired oven.
Let us discuss whether you can use Dough press for Neapolitan pizza or not.
Can You Use A Dough Press For Neapolitan Pizza?
The answer is yes and no. It all depends on how you want your pizza to turn out. If you are looking for a traditional Neapolitan pizza, then the answer is no. This is because the dough press will make the crust thicker and it will not be cooked in a wood-fired oven.
However, if you are looking for a pizza with a thicker crust, then the answer is yes. You can use a dough press to make a thicker crust Neapolitan pizza. Just remember that the cooking time will be longer and you may need to pre-heat the oven to get the crust crispy.
The dough press is used for many different types of pizza dough, so it really all comes down to personal preference.
Now that you know whether or not you should Dough Press, let us discuss how to use a pizza press for Neapolitan pizza.
How to Use A Pizza Press For Neapolitan Pizza?
If you are using a dough press, you will need to add more flour to the dough. This is because the dough will be thicker and it will not rise as much. You can either use all-purpose flour or bread flour. Bread flour will give the crust a chewier texture, while all-purpose flour will give it a crispier texture.
Once you have added the flour, you will need to knead the dough for a few minutes. Then, place it in the dough press and flatten it out. Make sure that the dough is evenly flattened out so that it cooks evenly.
Now, preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it has reached this temperature, place the pizza dough on a baking sheet and bake it for about two minutes. Then, take it out of the oven and add your favorite toppings. Return it to the oven and bake for an additional five to seven minutes.
Here are some tips to use the pizza press for Neapolitan pizza in the right way.
- Always add more flour to the dough so that it doesn’t stick to the press.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes before placing it in the press.
- Make sure that the dough is evenly flattened out.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit before baking the pizza dough.
If you follow these tips, you will be able to make a delicious Neapolitan pizza with a thicker crust. Just remember to add more flour to the dough and knead it for a few minutes before placing it in the press.
Will A Tortilla Press Work For Pizza Dough?
No, a tortilla press will not work for pizza dough. This is because the dough is too thick and it will not flatten out properly. If you try to use a tortilla press, the dough will be uneven and it will not cook evenly.
Take a look at other reasons that will also contribute to your pizza dough not working properly.
- The dough is too sticky: If the dough is too sticky, it will not flatten out properly and it will be difficult to work with. Make sure that you add enough flour so that the dough is no longer sticky.
- The dough is too dry: Dryness can also be the reason for the malfunctioning of dough. When the dough is too dry, it means that not enough water was used during the kneading process. This can make the dough difficult to work with and it will not flatten out properly. The best way to avoid these problems is to use a pizza dough recipe that has been tested and proven to work.
- The dough is not kneaded enough: Another major reason why your dough might not work properly is the improperly kneaded dough. This can be a major issue because it can make the dough difficult to work with and it will not flatten out evenly.
- The dough is over-kneaded: If the dough is over-kneaded, it will be tough and it will not rise. To fix this, add a little bit of water to the dough and knead it until it is no longer tough.
We hope that this article has answered your question, can you use a dough press for Neapolitan pizza? While the answer is yes, there are a few things to keep in mind when using a pizza press for Neapolitan pizza and you should make sure to keep it in mind.